Sunday, April 19, 2009

We had a pretty fun and uneventful Easter. My parents came up the night before to spend the night. My dad has been the Easter bunny every year since we moved back to Colorado. It has been at my grandma Dolly's house before, but decided to move it here from now on. We usually had all big holidays at my grandma's house, but the last meal she did was just too much for her. She has been talking for years about handing the torch to someone else and I think it has finally and subtly happened. So, my dad hid 75 plastic eggs inside the house on Saturday night.
We told Lexa to come get us up the next morning instead of just going downstairs. Well, about 6:50 am she peeks in our door and says, "Mom, I went downstairs and was looking for eggs. I'm sorry but I accidentally opened one." How do you accidentally open an egg? She has had limitations on her morning freedom until we can trust her again. She is being pretty good about it and slowly gaining privileges back. Anyway, back to Easter morn. We brought Lexa and Clara down. Clara found maybe one or two eggs and was happy. According to our count, there may be about 2-3 eggs still hidden in the house somewhere. Church was from 1-4. The girls were absolutely adorable in their Easter dresses from Grandma Wright. There are pictures up on Facebook (if your not my friend there, please go ahead and send me a request!!). After church my grandma came up and we had our Easter dinner. Before church Nolan figured out how to work the feature on our stove that delays the cooking and starts it a few hours later. The biggest advantage to having dinner at my house, besides all the kids toys being here, is that I get to pick the menu. I realized it was all my favorites and nothing I didnt like. We had ham, potato salad, frog eye salad, 24 hour salad, rolls, green bean casserole. It was great.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Everything Is All Wright. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.