Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Well, my choice did not win on Tuesday but I am hoping and praying for Obama. It is fun and a little hard to explain the world to a 5 year old but she is like a sponge and ready to learn! She said on Monday that Obama was the bad guy. I told her he wasnt bad but just someone we didnt agree with. When we told her today that Obama won she asked if it was the guy we didnt agree with. When I said yes, she said, "Well, we arent letting him in our house!" It was pretty funny. But I also did my best to try and explain to her the significance of the first black president for our country. She is confused as to how I dont agree with him, voted for a different guy but there are still some good things that have come from this. Sometimes it is also confusing to me but I am trying to make the best of the situation. The best thing now is that it is the end of commercials and 200 calls a day for the election!!! Let me know what you thought of the elections, either local or national!
As for Lexa, she sure loves her Uncle Caleb. He called tonight and I havent heard her chat like that in a while. They talked and talked. It was very cute. She has her big 5 year old check up at the doctor tomorrow and knows she will have a lot of shots. I have bribbed her with ice cream. I think it will work! She wants the giant cup from Sams Club that costs about $1.
Clara has been very fussy and seems to be in pain while she has been eating for a while now. She had been on Zantac for acid reflux before she started eating solid food but the reflux was very slight. We stopped once she started eating solids but the doctor thinks the reflux has come back even stronger. So we doubled her Zantac and hopefully she will be more pleasant during meal times.
One more note. We have a friend with a blog who mentioned her son was eating his pizza with the topping side down (obviously with toppings that didnt fall off too easily) and so she tried it. What a novel idea, letting the toppings hit your tongue instead of the roof of your mouth. I think I will try it tomorrow while watching the Broncos game.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Everything Is All Wright. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.