Sunday, January 4, 2009

I just looked and Lexa doesnt go back to school until Tuesday. We could definitely use at least one day to relax. My dad picked us up from the airport on Friday. We met my mom and brother Caleb at the exit to Longmont. We ate dinner then traded Lexa for Uncle Caleb. We went home and watched football while Lexa spent the night with Mimi. We drove to Longmont to exchange people again but discovered the reason for the slowly leaking front passenger tire (a nail). The Walmart in Longmont did not have a wait. We got home around 4:45 then went to the Pippins house for dinner and games at 5:15. We put the girls to bed there and played games for hours. Alan got a new game for Christmas that none of us had played before. It was called Puerto Rico. It is a little daunting trying to learn a complicated game that no one had ever played before. But we eventually got the hang of it and I REALLY wanted to play it after church today. It was fun.
This was the first Sunday of the year, so Lexa is now a CTR 6. She was very excited about that. I had been her teacher this year so it was a little lonely going to class without her, but I made it. There were three classes her age and only 3 girls in all the classes, so 1 girl per class. Made the girls a little lonely. Happily they put Lexa in a class this year with her friend Sydney. It was also the first Sunday in about 2 1/2 years that I wasnt teaching. My first calling was 15 year old Sunday school, then Laurel advisor, then Primary teacher. Now I am the activity day girls helper. That is only two days a month, usually on Wed from 4-5. It might be little tricky finding someone to watch the girls, but I'm sure the Lord will provide a way :). I will also be helping out with the music time in Primary when our choraster is sick (she is pregnant). Nolan still is the Elders Quorum teacher and is now the Cub Master. The advice he got from the bishopric was that if your wife rolls her eyes at your jokes, they are perfect for the cub scouts. Nolan was meant for this job!!!! haha.
Of course it is the new year and most of us have goals we are working on. The most popular and the most failed (I think) resolution is of course the weight loss goal!! Nolan and I agree that it should be a big priority in our lives and look forward to being more healthy.

1 comments:

Bryan said...

"Nolan was meant for this job!" Amen to that, sistah. I'm sure he's an awesome cub master. Watermelon cheer, anyone?

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Everything Is All Wright. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.