Sunday, January 25, 2009

Last weekend we went to Longmont and got new tires for our van. The steering wheel had been shaking back and forth very badly and we discovered the tires were bad. While at Walmart, we bought Guitar Hero World Tour with some gift certificates Nolan had built up. We drove home with Uncle Caleb (his last weekend in Colorado) and we played until 4 am. We are so addicted. Most nights as soon as the girls are in bed, Nolan and I are playing it, that is when Nolan is actually here. He started school this week at Colorado State University to get his masters degree. He also directed the Pinewood Derby in our ward.
Last Friday I met my friend Katie and her kids at the Ft Collins mall to play and have lunch. Ever since Lexa was a little baby the play place at the malls will make her really sick. Well, no exception this time. Tuesday she had a fever on and off until Thursday. Now Clara and I are suffering through a sore throat. It serves me right for sharing a cup in the bathroom and not ever thinking about the consequences!!
Last weekend we also got a mini-vacation as a family. Our friends the Pippins invited us to spend the night and play games until all hours of the night. We played a little bit of everything and had a great time. The next day we all went to eat at the Big Red Chicken ,otherwise known as Red Robin, and then to our house to play some more. It was Martin Luther King Jr day so Nolan and Alan had the day off work and their boys had the day off school. I assumed Lexa had the day off until I got a call from the school asking why she wasnt there. I asked why there was even school that day! She ended up being sick the rest of the week anyway.
On Thursday her friend Lydia had a Fancy Nancy birthday party. All the girls dressed up and had a great time. I took Clara to the park to swing so she wouldnt tear down the party. She had never been on swings before. I thought she looked bored after a while so I took her out to play on something else, and she screamed her head off to get back in the swing! It was a fight when we finally left the playground but now we know what our next buy will be, a baby swing for our playset!
Also, Nolan is a very busy guy these days so I have been trying to get in a mindset of not waiting for him to do things around the house and that I can do things just as well. So I am taking out our trash, emptying the dishwasher, stuff like that. But I also took down all the Christmas decorations, took the heavy boxes back down to the basement, put the tree away. I even moved the TV from our bedroom into the basement so we can watch it while on our new treadmill down there. I even figured out where all the satelite cables went to and hooked the one from our room back up downstairs. And then I put the new dog food in our bucket and took the old bag out (its really heavy and I dont have the best back) but I did it and it was fine. I hope Nolan doesnt feel like he is not needed here anymore, because he totally is!! But it is kind of liberating realizing that I can do a lot of things myself.
Clara and I woke up sick on Saturday (Clara was probably sick on Friday too. If only babies could talk and tell us these things!). Lexa and dad spent the entire day running erands and fixing up things. She told him that she doesnt know what we would do without him, nothing would get fixed! She also told him that I was especially pretty when we got married with my yellow hair. She said brown hair is annoying (I dyed it brown last week). She also was playing with Nolan this morning and found an empty tube, probably from a Christmas wrapping, and wanted to make a rain stick because she had seen that project while watching Sprout. She is so smart sometimes!!

2 comments:

child family blog said...

I am so sorry that you guys got sick at the play area! I actually got a bug last night and threw up twice, luckily it didn't last very long.

Nolan said...

Addicted is such a strong word, but you do totally rock Steff!!!

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Everything Is All Wright. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.