Friday, January 30, 2009

Nolan went to Corpus Christi this morning. I am very jealous! I love that place and I love Texas. But, I did tell myself that I wanted to get one project done while Nolan was gone this weekend.
Yesterday I got in a cleaning mode and cleaned all the piles on the desk in our family room and on the coffee table. I also cleared all the counters in the kitchen. It felt really good!
Today I started on the real project. It started with me going through both girls' clothes and taking all the small ones to the basement. Then going through all the clothes they just grew out of, all the clothes I had pulled out and sorted before Clara was born but somehow got all mixed up again. I organized, folded and labeled 7 large bins of clothes. All the clothes were on the ping-pong table for about a year now and Nolan really wants his table back so he can play. So, once the basement was organized and extra piles of clothes out of the girls rooms I went to clean the rooms themselves. We have been keeping our house fairly cool this winter. We had a space heater in Clara's room at night and let Lexa have the down comforter. Lexa was still cold and Clara's room still had a queen guest bed in it, so Lexa has been sleeping in Clara's room for a long time now. When Lexa spent the night at her Mimi's house she was complaining that she now cannot sleep without Clara. Well, if we had to decide between the two rooms, I decided that they should share the room with the castle mural and we can have a guest room again. I put Lexa's kitchen set in the basement and her Barbie castle. Then I moved her bed, a shelf and her canopy onto the other side of the room (she wanted to be by the castle on the wall). I also had to move some pictures around. Then I partially took apart the crib so I could move it through the upstairs. I found that I could take off one side and unattach the bottom board. The bottom board then folded up leaving me with a nice U shaped piece of furniture. Well, it fit through the doors but got jammed up on Lexa's new bed position. I tried lifting the corner over and in the process broke a part of the crib that slides up and down. Put everything back together again. The break is against the wall and has a string holding it together. It isnt a big deal and I know Nolan can fix it when he gets home. Then I rearranged the bed in the guest room. And Voila! After almost 7 hours the girls have a cute room together still, we have our guest room back and Nolan has his gnip-gnop table back.
It is amazing that Lexa coughs her head off at night and Clara will sleep right through it all. And sometimes Clara cries a lot at night and Lexa doesnt hear it. I love that!
Then I really had to go to the grocery store. It was pay day and we had no milk, cereal, breakfast bars, eggs, yogurt or bread. So I drug myself and the girls to the store.
Now, does anyone want to come stay in our guest room???

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Everything Is All Wright. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.